TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The AV button on my Panosonic Viera TV remote and on my

The AV button on...

The AV button on my Panosonic Viera TV remote and on my Panosonic blue ray disc recorder remote both cease to work as well as the volume control on the TV remote. They generally come back into use if I turn the TV off and on again (annoying). Intermittently a window featuring 'Hotel Mode' will come up after the AV buttons on the remote stop working. The colour disappeared for a time on the digital channels until I worked out that I could get it back through the Menu. Could you tell me what has gone wrong with my systems?

Technician's Assistant: Are all the cables at the back of your Viera connected tightly to the right sockets?

They all appear to be screwed in tightly.

Technician's Assistant: What type of input cables are you using: HDMI, RCA (red, yellow, and white cables), S-Video, or something else?

Red, yellow and white cables

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. It seems very annoying to have to turn the TV off all the time to psych it back into a state where the AV buttons and the volume control on the remotes will start working again. Does "Hotel Mode" have anything to do with the present state of the machines. Is there any way of getting into "Hotel Mode" as I can't find any reference to it in any of the hand books.

4/9/2018
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

What is the model of this TV?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Panasonic Viera TH-L37U20A

Are you at a hotel, or did this TV come from a hotel?

No, I'm in a private house.

Is this your TV, or could someone else have setup hotel mode on the TV? If so, it may be difficult to solve this problem.

Please try these steps. Let me know if you can get to the menu for hotel mode.

1. Go to the side of the set and hold down the -/V button on the side of the TV (middle of 5 buttons).
  2. At the same time (holding this button down) press the AV button on the Remote control 3 times
  3. The Hotel Mode Menu should then appear on screen
Nothing has happened. Nothing appeared on screen.

Is this your TV, or could someone else have setup hotel mode on the TV?

technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician
It's my TV. A technician/tradesman set the TV and recorder up for me originally.
Everything has worked perfectly for several years, until now.
Phone call session started

Hello again

You can reply to me here with any further followup needs. I would recommend contacting a local repair for diagnosis/repair of the TV. Probably IR receiver or mainboard related problem , depending on if you can effectively control the TV from the button keypad on the cabinet. Thank You for choosing Justanswer!