TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It’s my remote. It’s a Sharoe 80” tv sharp GA935wjsa. Remote…

Customer Question
It’s my remote Technician's...

It’s my remote

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It’s a Sharoe 80” tv sharp GA935wjsa

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Remote does not work at all

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Tv works fine using manual buttons

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/9/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Lets try a quick test of the factory remote. Take the tv remote into a dim/dark room, and look at the infrared emitter at the front edge of the remote, as viewed through the DISPLAY (not the viewfinder) of a digital camera. A cell phone cam (use the front facing/selfie cam), web cam, security camera, etc will also work. Each time you press a button on the remote, you should see the emitter at the front light up, flash, or glow slightly. You may want to look at another working remote also to compare. Let me know what you find.