TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung UN39FH5000f TV will not power on. Red standby light…

Samsung UN39FH5000f TV will...

Samsung UN39FH5000f TV will not power on. Red standby light is on when plugged in. After first plugging in tv I press power button on remote and red standby light flickers once but tv does not come on. After the first flicker the red standby light remains steady no matter what I do until I unplug and replug in the tv

Technician's Assistant: Is your UN39FH5000F connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

4/9/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Was there any thunderstorm in the area before this problem occurred on the TV?

maybe, we had a few storms between the last time I checked the tv. It was a in our guest bedroom and had not been used for a few months

OK, how long you left the TV disconnected from the power outlet?

When I found it would not power on I unplugged it for almost a week before I went back and tried to get it to turn on

Thanks for the info, it seems the mainboard has got an internal fault and isn't booting up fully thus it gets stuck in the middle of boot up process, that is the reason you need to unplug the TV. Replacement of the mainboard on the TV is needed at this point to resolve the problem, please click the following link to view the mainboard image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/un39fh5000fxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of this page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Question got refunded?