TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I was watching a DVD and my cat walked over the remote and I…

Customer Question
I was watching a...

I was watching a DVD and my cat walked over the remote and I now can't get the picture. There is volume. I can't get AV up again

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
4/9/2018
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;

Do you mean that the screen is totally black ?

You can`t see the tv`s own menu ?
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

Hi, sorry for delay, I was trying to phone you.
Model #Un40M5300AFXZC, S/n 034A3NTJ701249M

Sorry , not available for a phone request and it was sent by the website , not me

Your request is now posted for other experts to see

One may take you up on that and in the mean time we can continue here

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?
Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Hello ?

As you don`t seem to be available at this time I will step out for the night ,getting late here

If no one has called you please let me know about the questions above and I`ll get back to you first thing tomorrow