TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic TV, model#TC-L32C22, it suddenly stopped…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic TV, model#TC-L32C22, it suddenly stopped working 2 days ago. We have Direct TV as our service provider and have no problems with the other 4 TV"s in the house. When the one in question started acting up "it would work for awhile and then shut down again" until it finally gave up the beast. I can plug in Netflix, etc and in works fine. Just not with cable. Help

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Did all of that. Brought the TV from upstairs down and connected to the router in question and it worked fine. The issue has to be with the TV.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I talked to a directtv tech last bight and we went through all the steps and determined it was an issue with the TV itself

Submitted: 18 days ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/3/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 18 days ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Ok

Is the power-light blinking red on the front of the set please?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No, it stays solid

solid red?

OK have you tried the buttons on the front of the set?

Red usually means the set is OFF

I find it odd you say it works with netflix??

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
They are actually on the side of the set and yes, I have tried them. Just tell me if this is something we can fix together or call it done and get a new TV.

OK so the set is effectively dead its not working at all and is stuck in standby is that correct standby is usually a red light solid set OFF

If that is so then the main-board is bad and no its not an option to replace the mainboard inone of these smaller sets,far better to just replace as they are under $200 now a mainboard is $100 and that is if youfit it yourself

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
effectively dead as far as cable goes, still works if I plug in roku box and ps3 PlayStation game. Of course I have to go to hdm2 or component option to do so. No problem there. We get audio, picture, etc
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Hdm1 is where the problem is

Then that is a problem with the BOX not the TV have you tried rebooting the box?unplug the box from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
As I stated earlier, its not the box. I hooks d up the box to another TV in our home and it worked fine. Just refund my $31 since you've been no help. Thank you
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
I'm done

Then in that case have you moved the box to HDMI 2 just to rule out HDMI 1 as the cause?

Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Done
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
done talking with you
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No need to reply again
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Just refund my $31. I'll buy a new TV instead, probably a Samsung
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
No more calls. I'm done
Louie, Technician