TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to change my TV and install a different one. I…

Customer Question
I am trying to change...
I am trying to change my TV and install a different one. I do not have one of the connections. I have Optimum cable, both wires plugs into the Optimum box. The wire I need has a three prong connection to the TV and a flat (about 1/2 inch ) connection to the Optimum box. I tried plugging it into the wall socket and the TV turned on but it said "no signal" so I checked and it had to be plugged into the Optimum box. I need to know if I can purchase that wire or if Optimum is the only place I can get it.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/3/2018
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 4 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Pete,
Thanks

What is the model number of the Optimum box?

Pete, SMT-C5320 I am having a hard time seeing the number but I think this is it.
I just noticed that I had described the wire that I need was wrong. The one I need has a two prong plugin that fits into the Optimum box and the other end fits into the TV with a three prong plugin (the three prongs are on the TV not the wire).

What are the connection ports labelled as on the Optimum box or the TV?

Are the pronged plugins color-coded?

The wire that I need is an outlet. It is called outlet AC 120v 60HZ:3.8a. There were no wires with the TV so I am not sure if that is the correct wire. I looked behind the TV and there were two other places where you could hook up a cable or antenna, however, I do not think it has ever been used. And there is a location where you can use the colored wires but I have Optimum and I would rather not use them. The reception in this area is very hard to get and I do not think the colored wires would work.
I just unplugged my other TV that I set up when I had the Optimum installed. And I found that the other wire is the one that controls the signal not the outlet. So this means that I can not use the same wire on the other TV as I use on my old TV. So I do not think you can fit it. And buying the outlet wire will not work.

Ok, so you need the power outlet cable to power the box - for it, you can use the following:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AC-DC-Power-Adapter-Cable-Cord-for-Samsung-SMT-H3362-SMT-C5320-SMT-2110C-/263094309419

However you will still need to connect the box to the TV to get a picture. You can use colored AV wires for this.

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------