TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Keeps repeating asking to run auto channel scan, I run it,

Customer Question
Keeps repeating asking to...

Keeps repeating asking to run auto channel scan, I run it, it finds channels (I think) but then it reverts to saying "run auto channel scan" over and over again!

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Dynex, not sure of model, 10 yrs old?

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

TV menu works, I don't have anything other inputs, except a digital antennae

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Dynex? What happened right before this?

I moved to a new apt, plugged it in and got a local channel. I moved the antennae around to get a better picture, then ran an auto scan and now I'm getting the repeated message.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
4/2/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the model number off of the back of the Dynex set please? Also is there any sort of converter box, etc. connected to the TV or is it direct antenna to TV?