TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It is a smart Tv and I can not get it to respond to the

Customer Question
It is a smart...

It is a smart Tv and I can not get it to respond to the remote ,the dish buttons or the buttons on the TV, to change stations it just shows the shows I watch regularly

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

It is a 50 in. Vizeo

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

Menue,setting etc no programs

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Can;t think of any

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

NOE475VLE The dish modem and WIFi modem a dvd player are hooked to it
I have no more money right now I am 84 and on a little ss waiting on my check

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

I need to use phone I do not text well

NOE475VLE is an incorrect model #, however, the following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?

If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Didn't cure the problem

OK, does the TV respond to Cable remote?

What is the correct model number of the TV?

NO E472VLE
I can change chanels with the Dish box only

Thanks for the info

It could be either the remote control or the IR board (remote sensor) on the TV problem. We need to verify the remote control with help of a digital/ cellphone camera that can see infrared signals of a remote control. Please click the following link to watch a video clip that shows how to check a remote control with a camera

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLx4zBKTSiM

If you see flashing light on remote control front tip while looking at it through camera then it would be IR Board failure on the TV that will be replaced to resolve the problem

If you don't get infrared light flashing light on the remote through camera then a new remote control is next option to fix the problem

Please reply back the test result to assist you further

Thanks

The remote turnes the TV on ok but I can not switch channels with the Tv Controlls its self wouldn't that be the Tv itself problem and about how much is the epair you mention , I don't have a smart phone

OK, please click the following link to view IR Board of the TV image and part number info

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-3642-0242-0189-ir-sensor.htm

You can expect $150 or so if take the TV in local TV repair shop, you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get a repair quote
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of this page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Do you need any further assistance with this question?