TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a 65UB9300 and I have a problem with the HDMI

Customer Question
I have a 65UB9300...

I have a 65UB9300 and I have a problem with the HDMI connection . When the cable is connected there is no picture from my cable service. I have to directly connect the coaxial cable to the TV.. HD does work since I get NETFLIX in HD. I have changed HDMI cables and have tired all the ports. I have selected the ports I am connected to. Is it a hardware issue with TV connectors?

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

No

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes many times

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: TV
4/2/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 22 days ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you try another product which is also HDMI is it the same using that?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No just my LG TV. Have tried the cable box on other TVs and laptops. I have also changed the cable box at least 2 times.

I understand but you WILL need to try another input like a DVD player or bluray or if the set has a streaming service like netflix what is it like with that?

The reason being there may be a conflict between your service and the set so box and service need to be eliminated even though you have swapped boxes

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
As I said NETFLIX comes thru in HD using the same box

No I was referring to the sets OWN app and a router service that is STILL the box

If we came to your home we would be coming in with a bluray player we carry in the van for the same thing

In most cases I come across with these very symptoms problem is the box or a particular type or make of box

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
You lost me there. I do not have a BLURAY player. But my son who is tech person for a satellite communication company checked the outlets with his gear and thinks something happened with the where the HDMI cable connects ton the TV
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have changed type of COMCAST box to 3 different makes of boxes. I guess will have try another one

I cant help you any further, this MUST be done there is no other way to eliminate the box , I really do not know how checks at the outlets can tell you anything, my belief is this IS a box issue only proved by trying another input I have seen it many many times so is as frustrating to me as it is to you right now,and no you MUST try another input NOT another box

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
okay will show my son you texts and let he try again. But can the connection be a problem?

No its the box all the sound processing is carried out by the box something is wrong there only provable with another input

Its then we move on with it there is no way forwards until its proved even your cable company will not be able to deny its the box once you prove it

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 15 days ago

How is this working out please?

Louie, Technician