TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The TV screen went blank why watching a program. It will not…

Customer Question
The TV screen went...

The TV screen went blank why watching a program. It will not power up. Electrical connection is fine. I check the voltage coming to the TV is OK.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

TV is OK.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes there’s To HDM one cables coming in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No just of the TV screen went blank while watching a program and it will not power up.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/2/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

My model number is *****

- Does power indicator light on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

The power light does not come on or blank when activate .

OK, following troubleshooting step, should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

My TV set does not power up. I let it rest and I connected the extension cord to the TV with no results.

Sorry to hear that, this test also confirmed it is power supply board failure that needs to be replaced on the TV to resolve the problem, please click the following link to view power supply board image and part number info to search/ google it to get price info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/olevia-eec-pwfsp27-000-power-supply.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV and I would recommend a new TV instead of spending time and money on this old TV's repair, a new 40" LCD would be available around $180 or so
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of this page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you