TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a JVC 65" smart tv the issue is that it stops

Customer Question
I have a JVC...

I have a JVC 65" smart tv the issue is that it stops responding and I can't power it off with the remote or the buttons on the side. It forces me to switch off the plug which is located behind the tv This must be bad for the tv as it makes a very bad sound when I powe the plug off...

Technician's Assistant: Is your 65 connected to a surge protector or power strip?

It is on a back-up UPS and surge protector

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes, I have

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nope, the TV is bout 5 months old

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: TV
4/2/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 25 days ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
The problem is it doesnt always do it. Only when its running for a really long time

ok, can you do the instructions I gave and let me know how it then functions please

Louie, Technician