TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Remote stopped working--got a new remote can not program it…

Customer Question
Remote stopped working--got a...

Remote stopped working--got a new remote can not program it cannot turn on tv with remote. I unplug tv and hit the on button on bottom of tv sometimes it works, but most times it does not. I need the tv on to program remote but am not successful in getting the tv to come on Help

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No--direct plug in wall

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Will try----have been battling this for a few weeks and initially did try unplugging overnight but still was faced with the constant plugging and unplugging a hitting the on button of tv. found once I plugged tv into power the tv blue light came on for about 2 seconds and then went off sometimes when I hit the on button just as blue light went off it might work

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the TV Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Will try your suggestion of unplugging for a few minutes and will get back to you if I still need help Thanks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

So I tried unplugging and leaving it off overnight. I am back the the same problem only now, when I plug in the tv, the blue light that comes on goes off and I cannot get the tv to come on at all. Repeated attempts at plugging it in and trying to turn the tv on fails. Help

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: TV
4/2/2018
TV Technician: Gina King,
 replied 21 days ago
Gina King
Hello:
I'm Gina, the moderator for this category. I'm so sorry that an Expert has
not connected with you yet. I wanted to reach out to see if you still needed
assistance with your question? Please use the reply box below to let me
know if you'd like to continue or cancel.
Thank you,
Gina~Moderator
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I need help
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 21 days ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

I will need the full model number of the set please found on the back of the set?also the sets approx age please

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
De37h1g1 version tw75111b037a bought in March 2014

Can you please re-check the model number nothing coming up not even in a google search

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Sorry. Dw37h1g1

If you are having problems getting the TV to come ON,this is nothing to do with the remote,you have a problem with either the power or main-board INSIDE the set......one of those boards is going to need to be replaced......you are sure the set is 2014?I am getting older than that

Sorry yes 2014

So as this is if you did work yourself cost of board around $100 a tech would charge around $230

4 YEARS is considered late middle age for a TV nowadays 5 years is considered a life cycle of a modern TV ,so its your call which way you want to go with this

Anthony

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Wow I am from a generation where the old stuff was built to last We have an older style operating at 12 years. What is involved if we opt to do work ourselves

In your case a couple of checks with a volt\ohm meter, the diagnosed faulty board removed from the set a replacement one ordered from a supplier and refitted back in the set,unluckily in your case there are a couple of voltage checks need to be made in most cases this is not needed

However these boards are plug in no soldering or setting up

Sorry its nothing easier if you want to pursue a DIY fix let me know,be sure to have a volt\ohm meter

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician