TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to hook up a Magnavox Blu-ray Disc & DVD Player…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to hook up a Magnavox Blu-ray Disc & DVD Player with built-in Wi-Fi model #MBP5630/F7 A. I cannot find the web site for this particular model. please help

Technician's Assistant: What Magnavox model do you have?

MBP5630

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Magnavox system?

Ok first of all, we have an older model Magnavox disc player manufactured in 2006. the new remote control that came with the new Blu-ray controls the old player! I cannot get the Blu-ray to do anything. When I try to register on line, the model number doesn't even come up!

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Theater Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all I can think of right now

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: TV
4/1/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 24 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model number of the tv?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
VIZIO E48-DO

Okay and do you have the player connected with hdmi, the tv set to the matching hdmi input, and see the magnavox home/startup screen?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
do NOT want live call for $26

I didn't ask for one.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

Please respond with the details I requested above.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
can you tell me what + balance/total is? I understood it was $5 total to join.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
HDMI is connected to player. Not sure what you mean by the tv set to the matching hdmi input

I cannot see that information on my end. The 5 was just to post your question, not the total.

Your tv should have more than 1 hdmi port, such as hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3, etc.

You need to look at the back of the tv and determine exactly which was used for the player. Lets say hdmi2 for example. Then press the source/input button on your vizo remote, and pick hdmi2 (or wherever it is connected).

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ok I don't want to continue if this is costing more than the initial $5. Please let me know how to cancel

All of the fees were clearly displayed and you specifically clicked to agree to them when posting your question.
I have no access to cancel or refund anything, and have provided you an initial answer above already>

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 19 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Louie, Technician