TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Message on tv - no stored channels found - we need to

Customer Question
Message on tv -...

Message on tv - no stored channels found - we need to restore tv channels

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsune UA50ku6000w purchased 11/3/2017

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No - we can get iview channel 2 -various sources along the bottom including utube

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your UA50KU6000W? What happened right before this?

Since last night when our grandson was accessing utube

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: TV
4/1/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 23 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Please use the source/input button on the remote, setting the samsung to the TV (not hdmi, smarthub, av, etc) input mode.

Then go into the samsung setup menu, under Channels, then to channel auto scan/search. Run that programming option there, and let me know how it works at that point, please.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I don't know how to carry out those instructions. I had no idea that you were going to charge $56. Please refund my money immediately - a proper accredited Samsung advisor does not charge money.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
what's this? you want to charge $38 more when you have not solved my problem.
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
refund my money
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
why won't you answer
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
refund my money - why don't you answer - this is illegal

This is a paid support service, it is not free help. All of the fees were clearly displayed, and you specifically clicked to agree to them and provided your payment information, on the payment page when soliciting help.

I am not asking for anything else.
You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

I provided written instructions for you above. I have no ability to cancel or refund anything. If you'd like help, under the fees you already paid, please try the steps I provided and respond back to continue the conversation.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I don't know how to do those things - I did see an automated message - this whole thing is a scam
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
a proper Samsung consultant does not require payment - as well you know - you just prey on innocent people - send my request through the proper channels to refund my money

This is a legitimate support service where you came, were shown the terms and costs, agreed, and paid for the help.

We're all independent techs here working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help.

I provided basic step by step instructions. If you are unable or unwilling to follow these, we won't be able to progress very far, and calling samsung or anyone else would be no help either. You could certainly have a tech come out to fix it on site for you - expect to pay about $150 for a house call.

Or you can continue on with me here for a small fraction of that and we can get it fixed quickly for you.

Where exactly are you getting stuck, so I can guide you through?
Can you set the tv input?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I don't know what a tv input is

Your tv has multiple source/input options, for using an aerial connection, for using a cable/satellite box via hdmi, dvd player, etc.

Take the samsung tv remote, press the SOURCE button on the remote. That button looks like small rectangle with a right facing arrow inside it.

From the list of options that comes up on screen, choose the TV (air) option and press the ok/enter button on the remote.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
when I could not understand your answer I did contact Samsung and they reset our tv and used our password. They spend at least three quarters of an hour on the problem. You'are right about one thing - initially I was seeking help from Samsung and your site popped up - Tell me howI Samsung did not charge a cent

You clicked on a link for this service at some point, and again then agreed to all the terms and paid for the help.

The steps provided will readily resolve the problem if followed.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Your site says 30 day money back if not satisfied. How do I register for a refund?
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
How is it ethical to charge someone $38 before you talk to them?

Again, we're all independent techs here, working on our own personal time in a good faith effort to help, under the assumption that you've read and understand the terms to which you agreed.

I provided answers that will resolve the issue, if followed. If you are unable or willing to follow those directions, that is outside my control. If you feel a refund is in order, and that it is fair and reasonable to utilize my time and expertise at no cost, that is up to your conscience. You may self manage any site or account matters from the help page.

Louie, Technician