TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

All of a sudden our picture is in normal mode and not wide…

Customer Question
All of a sudden...

All of a sudden our picture is in normal mode and not wide screen on our 70” vizii

Technician's Assistant: What Vizio model do you have? How old is it?

M70-D3

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The picture is ok on amazon fire but not when we are on Direct tv

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: TV
3/31/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 22 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Since the picture size issue is only with DirecTv- you need to access the settings in your DirecTv box to fix the issue. Please first reboot the DTV box (unplug its power cord for 10 seconds and plug it back in. Once it comes back up check and see if the picture the correct size). If not, then click the link below and follow the steps outlined by DirecTv to fix the issue:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/smb-directv/KM1182366

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Thus did not fix my oribkem
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
My problem

Well the settings are in the box so you need to call DirecTv if there own instructions they post on their website do not work. You know the TV displays perfectly fine when you're watching the Amazon Fire so next stop is DirecTv. It's not a TV issue.

Your post: "The picture is ok on amazon fire but not when we are on Direct tv", tells us directly that the issue is DirecTv. I posted the link to their resolution/screen size settings. Did you adjust them??

hoose the right setting for your TV

1. Press Menu on your AT&T U-verse remote control.
  2. Use the down arrow key on your remote and scroll to Options, and then press OK.
  3. Select System and scroll right to TV Screen Resolution and press OK.
  4. Select a resolution, depending on your TV capability.
  5. At the prompt, select OK to start the test and verify if this is the correct setting. Then follow the on-screen prompts.

Remove the black bars on the sides of the TV display
When you watch standard-definition programming in widescreen mode on a widescreen HDTV, black bars appear on the sides of the picture. You can remove the bars by adjusting your TV settings to fit the image to your TV.

1. Press ENTER on your remote to view the current zoom setting on your screen.
  2. Press ENTER repeatedly until you reach the zoom setting you want.
    • Normal displays the normal image.
    • Zoom 1 to 3 increases the zoom.
    • Stretch expands the image to fill the screen (may cause distortion of picture).

Note: The zoom setting you choose is applied to all channels.

Did you see those steps when you went to the link I posted earlier?

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having problems? Where are you stuck?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have direct tv not inverse. The menu does not have the same options. It is set on widescreen and stretch but is not filling out the screen.

ATT uVerse is DirecTv.

They are one in the same company. Since you're unable to follow those steps I will opt out.

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have had inverse and now I have Directv. The remotes and the menus are different.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I just kept punching buttons and we are full screen again.
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 21 days ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service