TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

10 month old Hitachi 50R8 won't come out of standby mode and…

Customer Question
10 month old Hitachi...

10 month old Hitachi 50R8 won't come out of standby mode and turn on with remote or button on back of TV - red LED is on steady

Technician's Assistant: Are there buttons on the side, bottom, or back of your 50R8?

Back - 5 buttons, center is power apparently

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

None - black screen

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: TV
3/31/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 24 days ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately we see more new Hitachi sets with premature failure these days than with most other brands and this generally indicates a faulty set I'm afraid.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No such luck, it’s dead...

I'm sorry to hear that, and unfortunately that is all you can try. The TV does indeed require repairs (which is bad news this early in the game I realize). The next step is to contact Hitachi and have them start a warranty repair ticket on the set):

HITACHI:

Hitachi Plasma TV Warranty and LCD TV Warranty Information. The service number for Hitachi is 1-***-***-****. Their basic warranty is one year parts and labor. However, certain models do have other stipulations.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Let me know if you need more help. Also, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (3-5 stars at the top of the page) and click SUBMIT so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No, that’s it thanks

The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating by scrolling to the top of the page)? Thanks in advance.

Aric, Technician