TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need info about the TV set I just purchased. It is a vizo…

Customer Question
I need info about...

I need info about the TV set I just purchased. It is a vizo 50" and it was on line as a rebuilt set. It apparently slipped through the cracks. It flashes light and dark spots all over the screen. what's wrong?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

HDMI cable from DirectTV set and reception on WiFi. Cable WiFi used with replaced TV set worked OK.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: TV
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 25 days ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
ok

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- Can you provide me a picture of the screen so I can view those dark spots that will help to diagnose the issue?

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
unable to sent you a msg with flashing picture. Working on editing it down so it will xmit. thanks

thanks, ***** ***** your time

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
Working on video

OK, you can upload that video to youtube and post the video link here so I can watch it

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
https://youtu.be/zAzRxN0IDekTV flashing
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 24 days ago

Thank you for a video clip that helped a lot, working on it and get back to you in few minutes

Unfortunately, it seems backlight system problem, this TV has LEDs inside the screen as a backlight and seems those LED stripes are failing so it looks a flashing screen. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

If TV is out of warranty then check with the following supplier to get backlight LED stripes but it needs to take apart the screen which should be done very very carefully to avoid any damage to the screen

http://www.shopjimmy.com

Please put your TV model number to view the correct LED stripes info. I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective LED stripes replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician