TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Do I unlock a lg26lh250 - I Can NOT ude the hdmi? It is an…

Customer Question
Hi Do I unlock...

Hi Do I unlock a lg26lh250 - I Can NOT ude the hdmi?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is an LG 26lh250c it is from 2011.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu does not work and i cant thoose any inputs

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 26LH250C? What happened right before this?

It is a used tv i bourgt and it was like this when i burgt it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What input is it on currently?
What remote do you have?

It is on antenne the Remote is called AKB27915207

Thank you,

the short answer, unfortunately, is that this is not going to work for you.

This tv is not designed for home use. That is a hospitality model, so I assume you purchased it used from a hotel or hospital. These tvs are set to be locked out and allow functionality only with the broadcast system in the hotel, which is programmed with a special installer remote. For you to use the tv, you'd need one of these special engineer remotes, as well as the skills to reprogram the tv. While it is possible, unless you can get the seller to do this for you, it would not be worthwhile. The cost of the remote alone is nearly as much as a new tv and this one is already well past its service life. You'd honestly be better off just buying a new tv at this point.