TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My new Toshiba tv keeps losing picture but sound stay on…

Customer Question
My new Toshiba tv...

My new Toshiba tv keeps losing picture but sound stay on ,picture comes back on when I shut my tv off and then on ;it will stay for a minute or two and then the same thing happens again

Technician's Assistant: What Toshiba model do you have? How old is it?

50L711U18 I have it for about four months

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I will have to check

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Toshiba? What happened right before this?

Two days .Just watching TV and then the screen went black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Had a guy in a few weeks ago to fine tune it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Any ideas?
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 4 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Blue ray player and yes it does it with that too

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Ok

Thanks

No it didn't work

Sorry to hear that

- Does the screen show any graphics when the picture goes out?

- Push the volume button when the picture goes out to see if the screen shows volume display?

No it doesn't

OK, last troubleshooting step to diagnose the issue

- Do you see a dim/ faint picture/ graphics if shine a good flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?

Thanks for helping me in troubleshooting, it seems backlight system failure on the TV and mostly the backlight LEDs inside the screen go bad and sometimes the mainboard or the power board can cause similar symptoms but mostly the screen needs to be replaced to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Do you need any further assistance with this question?