TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Remote will not activate the power to the tv. This seems to…

Customer Question
Remote will not activate...

Remote will not activate the power to the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes this seems to work but have to unplug every time for the remote to work.is this low batterires?

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to the TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

model number is ***** 39D220NA16 Rev A
Connected are cable box, and DVD/VCR.
Not sure that each device is effected
don't want a phone call please advise
Any more idea on the problem
the remote is NS-RC4NA-16

Thanks for the info, what remote you're using to turn On the power?

Is it the one that came with the TV?

/

NOTE: The phone call or any other offer is automated and did not send by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

OK, got the remote info, we posted the messages at the same time

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Disconnected both the cable box and tv.After that let the cable box reboot and checked with the cable company.
Reconnected the power to the TV.(note that the cable box and TV have separate power sources
Cable box looks OK but the TV still although had power could not activate the remote for a picture .
What next

Sorry to hear that, what happens if push the power button on the TV itself?

power button on the TV was pushed and nothing happened
Do I NEED a new remote? I trust the TV is ok WHAT DO YOU THINK

It seems the TV has got an internal problem, mostly the mainboard internal failure can cause this symptom, if TV remote was bad then the TV should power On by pushing the manual power button, TV needs mainboard replacement to resolve the problem. I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Please click the following link to view the mainboard image and part number info if you're looking to attempt to repair the TV yourself

http://www.shopjimmy.com/insignia/ns-39d220na16

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use the following link to get a list of TV repair shops in the area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue
I trust my input will help you out to make the decision about this TV repair or invest that money in new replacement TV
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Do you need any further assistance with this question?

As a last try I removed the remote batteries and pressed the powerbutton for a couple a mins
Pressed each button with no batteries then replaced the batteries.
Reconnect he power cable to the TV and behold the TV came on using the remote.
What do you think happened?
Don't now if this will last

Excellent, it seems the unplug-replug TV power cord of the TV worked this time to reset the TV so it turned On. If the problem reoccurs then return the TV if it is still under warranty OR replace the mainboard if TV is out of warranty to resolve the problem.

TV remote is fine and working

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask

Thanks

thanks for the help .
if the problem reoccurs then I may just replace the complete tv.

Much welcome, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you