TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Louie: Thank you so much for making this site available. I…

Customer Question
Louie: Thank you...

Louie: Thank you so much for making this site available. I have been attempting to turn my TV on with the cable control device provided by my cable company. When I turn on the TV on button....the red light goes on....the sound plays 4 or 5 notes....however the TV does not complete the process to turn the picture on and repeats the red light and sound to turn on. However, the picture again will not turn on.

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes it is....

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes I have. Also note the following.....I cannot turn the TV off .....it continues the process I have mentioned above......

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Are you still there?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the brand and model number of the tv?
Will the tv respond to its own original tv remote, or to the power button on the tv itself?

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.