TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have screwed up my sister’s tv. It is a Sanyo which worked…

Customer Question
I have screwed up my...
I have screwed up my sister’s tv. It is a Sanyo which worked until I must have hit something. All I get now is a black screen with fdigital channel strength is low. It says Dish on the remote.
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The estimate was 8 minutes and it has been 20+ so I requested to speak with someone. If there is an additional charge, I do not want the phone service. All I want is what was offered, $28 if I am satisfied. No on-going charge or membership. Thank you. I am still waiting.
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 24 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me the model number of the tv, please?
A call would be an additional 26 on top of the 28 chat fees you have already paid.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Model DP28670 or 26670. It is not in good light

Okay and what is connected to the tv, and where specifically?
For example is there a cable or satellite box plugged into hdmi1 on the back of the tv, a dvd player to hdmi2, etc?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
No I cannot spend more. Thanks

Again, I didn't ask you to.

I am not asking for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

Please focus on the chat here for this to be productive. Please provide the information I've requested.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
There is an electric chord and a round cable chord also in the back

I need complete and specific details, please, to be able to help you.

I need you to actually look at the back of the tv, and tell me exactly where the cord coming from the cable/satellite service is connected. All the ports are labeled.

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have to go upstairs and get a flash light

Thank you

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
There is a cable box that has a round cable by dish. A chord in HDMI and a chord MP that I don’t know where it goes. Sorry

Please be more specific. WHICH hdmi port? Hdmi1, hdmi2, hdmi3, etc

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
All it says is hdmi

Please look more closely, there should be a more specific label, like hdmi 1 or 2

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
The serial number is *****

The tv has 2 hdmi ports, I need to know which one the cord is plugged into

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I unplugged it and it said hdmi nothing else. Also the serial
Number is *****

I don't need the serial number.

Is it plugged into the top or bottom of the 2 hdmi ports?

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
There is no top or bottom. Everything is in a straight line. The hdmi is on the cable box

I have not asked about the cable box. I've been asking you all along where that cord is plugged into the back of the TV

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It must be on the bottom then although it does not say hdmi

They are labeled, if you pulled the cord out you should be able to see it properly.

Take the sanyo TV remote, and press the INPUT (source) button, and select the hdmi2 input mode there.

Let me know if that helps

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
Nothing has changed. All I get is the digital signal strength is low

Then pick hdmi1 instead

Customer reply replied 24 days ago
By pick one do you mean to put the plug in the upper hole on the back of the tv. Yesterday when it worked it was on the lower hole. I tried the upper hole with no change
No I’m saying to set the tv to the hdmi 1 input mode using the tv remote
You need to make sure the cable box is powered on too
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
There is a green light on the cable box
You’d need to use the power button on the cable remote
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
I have used the power bottom on the remote. Are we getting any where!
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
It has been 7 minutes since I sent a note and no response. I will try another expert
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
At about 11:00 pm last night I requested a different expert. I’d like someone to help me restore reception on the tv. I must have hit a wrong button and I have tried hitting all of them without any luck.
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 23 days ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

OK, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help
- Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
It is 14 minutes after the hour and I just saw your comment and have unplugged both. Please contact me after I re-plug them. Thank you

OK, please replug TV and cable box power cords in and select HDMI-1 or HDMI-2 input on the TV to see if the picture appears?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I just plugged them in and you said it could take a few minutes. I’ll wait five minutes. There is an hdmi plug but nothing says one or two. When it was working it was plugged in the bottom hole and that is where it is now plugged.

OK, did you select HDMI-1 or HDMI-2 input on the TV using TV remote?

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
As I said I do it see where it distinguishes one or two. Unfortunately it still says digital signal channel strength is low, which is what it said when we started this last night

Sorry to hear that and I'm out of ideas so will opt out now to repost this question for other techs to look into, hopefully, someone will soon respond

Thanks

Louie, Technician