TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We replace the DLP chip in our Mitsubishi TV and now we get…

Customer Question
We replace the DLP...

We replace the DLP chip in our Mitsubishi TV and now we get a flashing yellow light on the status bar and the TV will not turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your Mitsubishi TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

We read somewhere on here that it was possibly the lamp cover so my husband is securing all of the covers again right now and we're gonna try it one more time

Submitted: 21 days ago.Category: TV
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
OK I paid the $5 can you help us get an answer now
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 21 days ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What's the model number on the back panel? Do you have everything reassembled now?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
WD 73837 and yes everything is back assembled

OK give me a minute to pull up some service info for that model. Where did the chip come from, and why did you replace it?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
WD 73837 and yes everything is back assembled The chip came from dynamic lamps and we had the white dots
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
We had the white dots And we got it from dynamic lamps off of eBay

OK, I see you mentioned the lamp door. That's really the only reason why the light would blink yellow. Either the lamp door isn't installed properly, or the lamp itself isn't in all the way. This is actually really common after replacing the chip. Remove the lamp door, and then remove the lamp from the TV. Now reinstall the lamp firmly and make sure it's seated. Now reinstall the lamp door carefully, as there is a small trap switch that needs to be depressed by the door.

Try that and let me know how it goes.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
OK hes going to try to take the lamp out now I'll get right back to you

Sure, I'll be here.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Are you able to call us my husband cannot figure this out and hes been messing around with this for like 3 hours

I am unable to call, sorry. Did he pull the lamp housing out of the TV?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
he just pulled the lamp out

OK, now reinstall it securely and fasten the lamp door. All of that should be done with the power cord disconnected from the wall. Once that's done, reconnect the power cord and watch the light on the front. Does it do anything?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
OK he is putting the ball back in now once he shuts the door does he have to screw everything back in before we try it

Yes, all screws need to be tight including the lamp door.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
OK hes doing that now he had taken everything back off a few minutes ago in secured it but it still flashed but he did not unscrew the bulb the 1st time he said he didn't think he ever touched the lamp in the 1st place
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Can it just get jolted from replacing the DLP chip even if you don't touch it

Sure, that's possible. Hard to say what happened, so we just have to go off of the symptoms.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
OK hes screwing everything back in now we'll be back with you in a second

OK no rush.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
The same thing he has secured the Bulb put the cover back on security all the screws it still will not turn on just a flashing yellow light

OK. >>HERE<< is where the lamp door switch is. Remove the lamp door and manually hold the switch down and let's see if we can get that yellow light to stop blinking. You may need to disconnect the power cord, then hold the switch, and as you're holding it you can reconnect the power cord.

>>HERE<< is another view.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
OK looking at the picture I'll get right back to you

OK

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Should there be a screw on that lamp door I think we were in the wrong place all a log I don't know what Bulb we took out and put back in but it's not the same place of the picture you sent us

>>HERE<< is the lamp door. If you remove that door, you will see a little switch that the door is supposed to press on

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
She unscrewed a bulb that was right by the DLP chip the bulb that you are showing us a picture of is in the component that we took out to get to the DLP chip so were we played around with the wrong bulb in the 1st place
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
He doesn't see a switch to press on

It's there, I promise. Look at where the door screws into the TV.....

The view might be blocked by the plastic housings, but >>THIS<< is the switch.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Is it potentially a blue switch that's inside the little plastic There's a white housing thing going into that peace is that where we're looking

Push the blue switch backward (like the lamp door is installed) and then disconnect and reconnect the power cord. Hold the switch back the whole time. Now see if the yellow light still flashes.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
OK the TV went on while hes holding the blue chip but it was a horrible fuzzy picture with 2 big green lines down the front of the picture is that because we need to replace the lamp lol

No that wouldn't be the lamp. That sounds like something went wrong with the chip install. It sounds like there are a couple of different issues going on. Would you consider letting a local pro look at the TV to diagnose? I'm afraid there's too many things that could be going on for us to narrow it down in a chat like this.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I guess we're gonna have to call ATV repair person thank you

I can find a good one near you. What's your zip code?

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
32703

OK there aren't a lot of certified shops around you, surprisingly. Try(###) ###-####to see if they can help. They're a little far, but might know someone who is closer.

Sorry we couldn't get it fixed tonight! I'm afraid there are just too many things going on right now in there.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
Are you available this evening to help worn the reinstall of the chip