TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

It's not my email, it's my BluRay connectivity to YouTube on…

Customer Question
It's not my email...

It's not my email, it's my BluRay connectivity to YouTube on my TV. I get an error 400 message

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to YouTube?

Yes, 400 error saying I am making an illegal request Youtube works fine on this computer

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

I unplugged the BluRay. You Tube is working fine on my computer.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what else to ask.

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: TV
3/30/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 28 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

What is the model of the bluray player?

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.

Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.

Please reply back here on this page when ready. Also to be clear You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question. The 5 was just to ask the question, not the total.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Sony 4KUHD

I need an actual model number, please.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
BDP-S6700

Thank you,

please go into the player settings menu, and look there for the Software Update option, and run that to make sure the latest version is installed, then try youtube again and let me know the results.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I tried the updates right away and it said they were already complete. I tried resetting the BluRay as well

What does it show as the current version? Even though it may be the latest, that still doesn't mean that it will necessarily resolve the issue, that is just a first step to check.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The update for the BlueRay? I will have to go turn it back on and check

Yes, it should show a current software version.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
All it says, is already updated, It does not give me a version

Look in the menu under About or Network or System and it should show current version

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I can not get the remote to give me a menu. I hit menu but all that comes up is my apps
You tube has been working for a year now, it just quit today
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
Setup does not give me any info either
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
My WiFi is working fine with other devices and Netflix
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
The exact message is: Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request, that's all we know
Error 400

Do you have issues with any other apps, like netflix?

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
No, Netflix works fine
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
YouTube works fine on my main computer as well.
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
I tried Geek Squad, they said it was most likely a Youtube or google support issue. Google support sent me to you
Customer reply replied 28 days ago
any other ideas?

This does appear to be a firmware issue,

which is very common. This is a 2016 model, so it is actually discontinued at this point, and even the latest version may not fix the issue. It is possible, but unlikely, that sony will have other updates in the future. Ultimately seeing the app stop working entirely is to be expected after a few years, that is the case with all of these smart players.

Your best option here would be to keep the sony for use as a bluray player, and purchase an external streaming device instead such as a roku or fire tv or appletv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost with much better long term support.

Customer reply replied 28 days ago
OK, Thanks. ***** can sign off
Louie, Technician