TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Sony TV will not go on. The red light is on on the front…

Customer Question
My Sony TV will...

My Sony TV will not go on. The red light is on on the front but I cannot turn it on with the remote or the power button on the side of the cabinet.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Sony TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
3/29/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 months ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

No I don't care to pay another $26

I am not sending messages for phone calls the site is please choose to ignore if not wanted

Can you please reboot the TV by un-plugging from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

I already tried that and have removed the back from the TV.

OK if the light is lit solid and not blinking then you have a main-board issue and this board will need to be replaced can you do this work yourself?

I will provide all relevant info

I think I can do it myself.
How much does the board cost and do you send pictured instructions with it

The main-board is the board with all the inputs attached you need to unplug and unscrew this board from the chassis look on the board for its part-number found on a sticky label or etched on the board and try initially www.shopjimmy.com <<click if they do not have it google the part-number code for suppliers,cost of board around $100

Just to verify what I have said could you please send me the model number of the set found on the back of the set?

KD is an dog L as in Larry – 46B isn’t boy text as an x-ray for 20
KDL – 46BX420

Yes the info is good

If you need more help let me know

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Doyou need any more help please?

They shop jimmy site you sent me to does not have any parts for Sony TVs on it so now I’m trying other sites

Yes it does hopefully you are using the part-number code on the board itself

Just so you understand I am a independent technician using the site like you are, the way this works is I provide the information and you rate me positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page the site then releases a payment to me otherwise I receive nothing here for helping you, note the question remains open for 30 days

Anthony