TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Toshiba model 40L3I0U Serial # F19A00MA054902 that…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a Toshiba model 40L3I0U Serial # F19A00MA054902 that "blinks" every 4 seconds or so (black then picture then black) any suggestions ?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

TV

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Brand is Toshiba and Model number is *****

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes the tv menu works doesn't seem to matter what it is hooked up to - does the same thing when attached to cable box or when attached to a PS4 game box. - starts out okay and as it warms up or is on for a bit it starts to blink more frequently

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your 40L310U? What happened right before this?

For about two months now - am tired of watching it blink. had cable company out several times thinking it was the cable but it was not

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing happened to it previously that I know of . . .

Submitted: 22 days ago.Category: TV
3/29/2018
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 22 days ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does that blink too?or does this stay normal?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
No , blinking as of yet but it has been off for a while

OK well you need to do that check when its blinking and let me know

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I am there is no blinking while on menu

In that case it must be the box bad as its the signal you are losing ,the menu proves that,try this>>

Can you please reboot the TV and any satellite or cable box by un-plugging both from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again,let me know if there is any change please
Anthony

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hi, I have had comcast check several times with multiple home visits - it is not my cable box or anything other that this particular tv.

But the menu stays up and the picture blinks in the background?menu does not blink?

Look you must do this check and not guess

It just leads to a wrong diagnosis

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I have multiple times - thank you for your time.

So it stays up in that case it basically rules out the set ,you can further verify that simply by trying another input like a DVD player or bluray if THAT is OK then TV is OK by at least 95%

And if you try the same INPUT as the box with ANOTHER input then the odds get even shorter of it being the TV

Let me know how that check works out please

TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 20 days ago

Let me know how this is working out please

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician