TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Rca 13: crt color tv. model # e13344, using indoor antenna.

Customer Question
Rca 13: crt color...

Rca 13: crt color tv. model # e13344, using indoor antenna. Turns on but blue screen, no sound no picture. Use menu, but still nothing displays and cannot change or lock in channels.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your E13344?

No just cable from antenna to tv.

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Nothing else.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/29/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Did this work previously with a cable box?

Just e-maill instructions.

Thank you for the info,

No.

I am not asking for anything else.
You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.
You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.
Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response here. Each time you send another reply, I have to start over and the process is further delayed.

The issue here is the tv itself, which unfortunately is simply not going to work in this context.

This is an extremely old tv as I'm sure you realize, far past its service life at this point, and it is simply not compatible with the current all digital broadcast formats. This tv has only an analog tuner and can't pick up any of the stations which have been digital only since 2009.

Given the age of the tv, I would strongly recommend simply replacing it with a new model with updated features and a fresh warranty, as this one would be expected to die simply of old age at any time now.

If you want to continue using it, you'd need to purchase an external digital tuner or set top box, like this: https://amzn.to/2J4PyDd

which would connect in between the tv and antenna, and you'd then change channels with the box remote.

If you'd prefer recommendations for a replacement tv model, let me know.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.