TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have the LG model 47LE5400. Recently, it stopped being…

Customer Question
I have the LG...

I have the LG model 47LE5400. Recently, it stopped being able to show a picture on any channel. I tried to reload the channels several times, but each time the end result was a message like "no channels available". I have Mediacom cable tv. Several other LG tv's in my home continue to operate with the same Mediacom cable tv. I have connected another LG to the cable from the wall to the set, and that other LG tv operates without issue. Mediacom has come out and verified that another set operates fine from that wall cable connection but the 47LE5400 does not appear to be able to bring in any signals. Any suggestions?? Thank you. *****: Is there a particular streaming service you're trying to connect to (e.g. Netflix or YouTube)?

No. Just trying to use the Mediacom cable tv channels (as I have been doing for the past 5 years or so with this set).

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Yes. All other LG tv's and one SONY on the same system continue to work without issue.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

All internet services are working without issue.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/29/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

I need to know two things specifically here:

1) Does this particular TV use a cable BOX?

2) Do you have the original LG remote?

Send a reply back if you need help.