TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I purchased a new Model UN3254001 Samsung TV. I was setting…

Customer Question
I purchased a new...

I purchased a new Model UN3254001 Samsung TV. I was setting it up by having it find all the cable stations. During that process there was a power failure. This stopped the search process. Now it shows only one station and there is no picture. How do I remedy this situation?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your UN3254001?

No

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Yes. At the time it was going through the station search. There has been no outrage since then. I don't know how to start the search process over.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

If the person can solve this problem, I think I will be a happy camper,

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/29/2018
TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

the problem still remains.

To perform a channel scan using the coaxial input:

1. Press the INPUT button on your remote to view your current input source. The TV (coaxial cable) input must be selected. This may appear as “TV,” “ANT,” or the channel and call letters of a station.
  2. If the TV input is not selected, press INPUT until the TV input mode is selected.
  3. Open the on-screen menu and select TV or Tuner option. (This varies by model.)
  4. Highlight Tuner Mode and select the correct option:
    • Antenna—over-the air signals from an antenna
    • Cable—direct from the wall cable TV, or a cable or satellite box connected to the TV with coaxial cable
  5. Select Auto Search or Auto Channel Scan. (This varies by model.)
  6. When the search reaches 100% complete, exit to the menu.
  7. Check the available channels:
    • Antenna or direct-from-wall cable—Press the Channel Up and Channel Down buttons on your VIZIO TV remote to view the available channels.
    • Cable or satellite box—Use the cable or satellite remote’s Channel Up and Channel Down buttons.

If this does not resolve the issue, Power Cycle the TV and re-run the channel scan:

1. Turn off the TV.
  2. Unplug the TV from the electrical outlet.
  3. While the TV is unplugged from the wall, press and hold the Power button on the TV for 30 seconds.
  4. Release the power button.
  5. Plug the TV back into the electrical outlet.
  6. Turn on the TV.