TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Sony Bravia model kdl 40 hx750 and I am trying to…

Customer Question
I have a Sony...

I have a Sony Bravia model kdl 40 hx750 and I am trying to connect it with my computer but it won't allow me to do so

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

Feb 2013

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

I have never tried to connect it

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It does not want to acknowledge the modem I am now thinking that the end of my detail finishes like eg, 6C-5G and un the tv I could not insert the dash, I spaced it should I write it 6C5G?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/29/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 4 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Do you mean you are trying to connect the tv to wifi?

Okay for that you'd need to go into the sony menu under network/wireless, then select your home wifi network from the list of options presented,

then type in your wifi password. This must be entered exactly and correctly. Any mistake or change of any kind will prevent it from working.

Depending what you're wanting to accomplish in the end though, even the wifi connection may not be enough,

the issue is that this is a 2012 model tv, it is far past its service life at this point and most all of the apps for it were dropped many years ago, and the last software update for it was several years ago as well. So most all of the apps on it simply don't work anymore and will not work due to the age and outdated software. With that in mind, you'd probably be better off (short of replacing the tv) just buying an external streaming device to use with the tv instead such as a roku or fire tv or appletv and get all the same functions and many more, with better performance and lower cost.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

It looks like you have answered my question , the reason I wanted to connect the tv and the wifi was to enable me to get you tube on the tv so that I could play the lullabies for my new and first grandson and I did not proceed because I saw a fee of $37 being applied . I thank you for your assistance,I did try the server and the code etc.

You are very welcome, and glad to hear that works for you!

My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,