Harry, Customer Service
Experience:  IT at Justanswer
100894602

I have a SEIKI TV. I don't know what model; it was a gift

Customer Question

I have a SEIKI TV. I don't know what model; it was a gift from my daughter last year.
JA: What Seiki model do you have? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know the model. The TV is one year old. It is mounted on the wall.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: My picture went out. I have a message that says "Please Run Channel Auto Scan". I did thst. I did that.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The screen went back to this same message.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.
The "Run Channel Scan" message does not mean the channels need to be scanned- it's actually caused by the TV's Input being changed, the HDMI cable failing, or Cable/SAT box needing to be rebooted. Please unplug the Cable/SAT box from power and shut the TV off. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable between them on both ends- making sure it is secure. Plug the Cable/SAT box back into AC and once it's rebooted turn the TV on, and use the INPUT button on the original TV remote to select the correct HDMI Input. Let me know what happens. If you still have no luck, then postback with the model number off of the back of the TV, the model of the cable box, and also the type of cable being used to connect the two.
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Are you still with me here?

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am not able to do all of that.
1. I dont have an understanding of the cables and input on the TV an d cablr box.
2. My TV is mounted on the wall so I can't reach it. I am partially disabled.
3.
Expert:  Harry replied 7 months ago.

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Trying to do what Aric said last night.
Cable TV is not working in neighborhood.
Won't be back up until 200 pm.
Expert:  Harry replied 7 months ago.

OK thank you for the update