TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv won’t turn on. Not for full 2 minutes. It was working…

My tv won’t turn...

My tv won’t turn on

Technician's Assistant: Is your TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Not for full 2 minutes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

It was working fine no storms no power outages no problems then it was off now the white light comes on likes it’s going to come on but never comes on

3/28/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Could you please get me the model number of the set please found on the back of the set?also could youlet me know the sets approx age please?

I think it’s about 5 yrs old where’s the model number
E470i-A0
Hello

Hello sorry I did not see your reply be with you

So set is in the ON mode so if you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote does the menu come up please?

when I press the power button on whether by remote or on the tv itself the little white light on the bottom left side of the tv comes on for very short period and fades out but nothing shows on the screen. Even if I push menu or input.
I have tried to unplug for several minutes then reply in I have tried retrieving the power surge. Nothing has worked and the tv was totally perfect all day
Replug and retrip sorry spell check

OK I am afraid this is a bad main-board it will need to be replaced

The whole tv right?

No a board within the TV called the mainboard thing ios the set is 5 years old now and considered at the end of its life envelope

Cost of replacing this board could be around $250 for a tech to do

How do I do that
How long to do and where do I go for that

If you intend to do the work yourself?

I wouldn’t know how to
I really like my tv though
more than 250 if someone does it then?

www.tvrepairpros.com or www.tvrepairman.com will locate a tech in your area

Around $250 for a tech to complete the work yes

Is this normal in tvs tofay or this brand only

Oh yes TV failure is very common with modern sets

Of all manuf

Ok so no sense continuing to try to turn it on
Thanks for your help

Sorry this is nothing easier

Let me know if you need more help and no it wont come on mainboad is bad

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Ok Coolio

Thank You so much

Anthony