TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a lg smart tv its 60 inches i tried turning it on…

I have a lg...

I have a lg smart tv its 60 inches i tried turning it on using the remote and but it wont work

Technician's Assistant: What is the model of your TV?

Wait

Technician's Assistant: What menu options can you access, if any?

55ga6400

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Thats all

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Hello

How old is the set now please?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
3 yrs i think
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
3 yrs
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Can i get a reply?
Nathan, Installer

Hello and sorry to hear you're having trouble,

Do you still need help with this?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Omg is this a scam??? Nobodys answering my questions

No, this is a legitimate support service.

Please keep in mind we are live human beings here, and it takes a few moments for messages to go back and forth, for us to type out a reply, etc.

You "opted out" the prior tech, blocking him from responding to you, allowing less than a minute to reply.

I'm asking if you'd still like help with this. If so, I can assist you, but would kindly ask for a few moments of patience to allow for detailed replies.

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Ok sorry for that

Thank you,

Can you tell me if the tv will respond to its own onboard power button (on the tv itself) still?

Customer reply replied 29 days ago
it turns on but after like 1 second its off again

Thanks for checking,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2013 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This tv is right at the end of its designed service life at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

For a tv of this size/age however, replacement will make more sense. You can get a brand new 4k LED tv with a fresh warranty in the $500 range.

I can help you with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.

My apologies for the news,

Nathan, Installer
Customer reply replied 29 days ago
Thanx Nathan I'll try it now..Have a wonderful day.
Nathan, Installer