TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Haire 55UFC2500 55" picture is not coming on, I can see a…

Customer Question
Hi my Haire 55UFC2500...

Hi my Haire 55UFC2500 55" picture is not coming on, I can see a dimm picture with a flash light, I have replaced the power supply but I still have the same problem.

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TV?

Yes, you can see a picture with a flash light.i have a good feeling the blacklight is not working, where can i order replace mint led strips for this tv, thanks

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No, the backlight just stoped working I thought if I changed the power supply wich control the backlight would fix the problem but I still have no backlight on the tv.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Where can i order back light for this model 55UFC2500 55"

Submitted: 28 days ago.Category: TV
3/28/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 28 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

I do agree with your diagnosis here, this is indicative of faulty backlights, though it is possible the replacement power supply or tcon board which controls the local dimming is bad as well. That type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

Unfortunately there are no replacement led strips available for these, they are integrated to the panel and not available as an individually replaceable part.

To be honest, even if you could find them, I would not consider the tv worth fixing. Even if you did manage to fix this issue (replacing the entire panel, which would cost more than the tv is worth just for the part alone), you will not extend the life of the tv any appreciable amount, other parts will continue to fail sooner than later and need more and more repairs. I would highly recommend trying to get your money back from (or resell) that power board and buy a new tv from a more reputable brand with a fresh warranty instead.

I can advise on replacement recommendations if you'd like, but there are unfortunately no replacement strips or panel available for this model.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Nathan, Installer