TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The picture is gone, I can turn on but when I plug in hdmi…

The picture is gone...

The picture is gone, I can turn on but when I plug in hdmi it doesnt work

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

RCA L40FHD41YX9

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No tv menu doesn't work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your L40FHD41YX9? What happened right before this?

I used it for as a computer screen, then just stopped working. nothing in particular happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

There is no picture, I just want to know if I should toss it

3/28/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help but need the following info to troubleshoot the problem

- Does the screen light up/ show backlight when turning power On?

I just want to know if it’s not repairable

Thanks for the picture, working on it, hold on, please

It seems the backlight inverter board failure that is why the screen doesn't glow since this is an old model so it would be tough to get replacement parts/ boards to get it repaired and you would be better off with a new TV rather than spend time and money on this old Tv's repair

I hope this info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get the credit for my work on the website
Thank you

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Thanks

Much welcome, wish you the best~

Question got closed/ refunded?