TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My TV (TC-37LZ85) is increasing the picture size to the

Customer Question
My TV (TC-37LZ85) is...

My TV (TC-37LZ85) is increasing the picture size to the point that almost half of the picture is lost off the perimeter of the display. it's a gradual occurrence but I want to get the whole picture back on the screen. The TV is rather elderly but it has the best picture I've ever seen.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a Panasonic TC-37LZ85 That's at least 19 years old. Can I do something myself and is the remaining life expectancy worth sending it to a repair center. I would hate to part with it.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu is available but I don't have any other signal input. No games or DVRs.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your TC-37LZ85? What happened right before this?

Nothing happened to create trauma, It has been happening for over a month now. At first I thought it was occurring at the signal provider's plant but the picture gradually increased in size pushing the perimeter off the screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The picture is fantastic and the sound is the best I've ever heard, I love it.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/28/2018
TV Technician: technicalcat, Technician replied 3 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Technician

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you now.

What do you have connected to the TV, and how is it connected? For example, cable box, with an HDMI cable.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Please cancel the whole thing. I don't want to get involved with a subscripti

Our services aren't free, but you do not have to subscribe to use this service.