TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our Sony Bravia 65 inch tv suddenly lost sound. Have

Customer Question
Our Sony Bravia 65...

Our Sony Bravia 65 inch tv suddenly lost sound. Have rebooted , checked the connections , speakers are on tv setting, not muted , sound works on Netflix but not on cable tv. Suggestions????

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Bravia?

2 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Bravia? What happened right before this?

Using android streaming device

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

I don’t think so

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/28/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Since it works with Netflix, but there's no sound on Cable TV, this is common in that the cable box simply needs to be rebooted.

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.

Let me know what happens once you run through those steps.

Simply view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?