TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Haier 75 in, HD 4k ultra TV. Model number

75UF2500a. It's been working fine...
I have a Haier 75 in, HD 4k ultra TV. Model number 75UF2500a. It's been working fine haven't had any problem then this morning I got to turn it on and it doesn't come on right away it has a little bit of a shadowy Haier screen for 3 seconds and then turns to black screen. This TV is 8 months old. Any ideas?
3/28/2018
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?(I am assuming power-light is lit to ON on the front of the set)

No the menu does not come on. When you turn the power on the little blue LED light comes on but when I press the menu button the light goes red and nothing else happens

Ahh I see OK you do have a problem with the set I am afraid,you will need to call in the warranty on the set a its looking like the main-board essentially the brain of the set has failed, I am sorry I do not have better news for you, let me know your thoughts here

Please read above

If you need any more help with this please let me know sorry there is not an easier way,it is likely the warranty service providers will send a tech out who will replace the main-board OR they may ask you to bring in the set,

Haier phone number

1-***-***-****

A positive rating at this point is welcome of 5 stars (hopefully) with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then release a payment to me thanks again,note question remains open for 30 days
Anthony

I called. They said its out of warranty. I have someone that can repair it if I know what need to be replaced because they have no way to diagnose the problem. Is there any way to be sure its the main board?

You sure the set is 8 mths?because itwill have a 12 month warranty?

Its the main-board that needs to be replaced but you have a problem if the set is 8 months or even 15 mths old the main-board is unlikely to be available because the set is too new, the only people who will have the board are Haier service agents, you could try and look for one but i do not believe the board will be available just yet

My wife bought it in Feb 16, 2017 for my birthday because it was on sale at HHGREGG and my birthday is ***** may. I did not get it until May 17th

I see well if you want to have a look for the board what you need to do is get the back off the set,locate the mainboard this is the board with all the INPUTs attached unplug\unscrew the board from chassis and locate the part-number found on the board itself it will either be etched or on a sticky label on the board google this code for suppliers if it does not come up its not available yet and you will need to ring Haier for service

If you need more help let me know

Anthony

Anthony

could it be anything else
I found the part, just need to know if for sure this is it.

Let me explain the main-board is a data board it cannot be checked not even at workshop level your TV is showing all the classic symptoms of main-board failure so you are looking at 90% mainboard failure the back-lights can also go bad and make the set shutdown in a similar way again its not verifiable except by using a back-light checking tool only available to workshops,I would say its the main-board bad

Some sets have error reporting software to help but your set does not have this

ok

Just so you understand I am a independent technician using the site like you are the way this works is I provide the information and you rate me positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page the site then releases a payment to me otherwise I receive nothing here for helping you, note the question remains open for 30 days

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
I replaced the main board. I did not replace the power bored or the t-con board whatever the hell that is and it is still doing the exact same thing

Is the power-light still going from blue to red?

If so does this happen ONLY when you press the menu button ?or does it happen anyway?

Did you order the board by part-number found on the board itself

Okay the power light stays red until I power the TV on then it goes to Blue. Then after a few seconds the Haier emblem comes on very shadowy and then the screen goes black but the light stays Blue until I push the power button off

This is sounding like back-lights,the back-lights are the LEDs behind the display that illuminate the pixels so if these go out you get what you are experiencing,now this can be the power-board (power-board supplies the LEDs)however we do tend to find most of the time the issue is the back-lights themselves and this is very labor intensive and can be expensive to fix, because of the amount of time needed to do this work there are not many repairer's who undertake it but many do you would need to ring around www.tvrepairpros.com will locate a tech in your area, cost of this work $250+ .

I am sorry its nothing easier backlight and panel issues are common ones with flat panel TV you could have a go yourself but its tricky work without a back-light checking tool the strips may be available from shopjimmy.com,that mainboard may be sent back for refund

Let me know your thoughts