TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Vizio is 1-1/2 years old. I came home from work one day…

Customer Question
My Vizio is 1-1/2...

My Vizio is 1-1/2 years old. I came home from work one day and it was dead as a door nail. Power was ok. Brought the downstairs tv up and plugged in all the same cords from the cable box and that tv worked fine. There was no sound, picture, nothing.

Technician's Assistant: Is your Vizio TV connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

No but that sounds like something I could do.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/28/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 3 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. What's the model number on the back of the TV that isn't working?

I have to look...Is that the number just above the serial number or the one off to the right?

Sorry for the delay. It varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Any information off the back will do for now.