TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We have a Panasonic TV model no TH-L32X50A which we bought…

Customer Question
We have a Panasonic...

We have a Panasonic TV model no TH-L32X50A which we bought in 2012. We have had a technician come to look at it as there is a dark line or panel down the LH side of the screen about 10 cms wide. The technician said it is in the TV and will probably increase over time. Can the screen be replaced at less cost than a new TV

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your TH-L32X50A?

YES red, yellow and white A/V jacks plus another yellow in a usb slot plus 2 black cords

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No and this has been happening for some months and increasing

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is the problem

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/28/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. I'm just going over the details of your question. Please let me know when you're in the chat.

Also, I really need to see a picture of this so I can diagnose it accurately. Next to the "Send" button on your chat window, click "Add Files" to upload photos directly to this conversation.

I havent got a photo of the TV will have to wait while i turn it on

Sure, no rush.

My mobile is out of charge and doesnt work in the house anyway. Landline is 02 44718427

If you're seeing offers for additional services (like phone calls), rest assured those are coming from the site and not me. They're automated. I actually cannot call, and am limited to our chat here.

OK so you cant call. I cant photo the set because the mobile is uncharged! What next?
Sorry, are we still online chat? can you help with my problem or only with a photo?
Have you rung my landline. Im getting no response although the phone rang?

I did not call you. As for the TV, if you want an accurate diagnosis I really need to see a picture of it. A 10cm line can come from a dozen different causes. I can wait a few hours or even until tomorrow if you need to charge your mobile.

Thank you for the picture. It's hard to tell because the screen is so close to the camera, but are you able to see the regular video behind that dark area? Also, what kind of devices are connected to the TV (cable box, DVD, game console, etc.)? Whatever you have connected, please switch the TV over to that device and see if the dark line is present on each device. Thanks.

OK the photos did not come through.