TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Yers, regarding a Panasonic TC-P42S1 42" TV. I want to plug…

Yers, regarding a Panasonic...

Yers, regarding a Panasonic TC-P42S1 42" TV. I want to plug my new Roku internet player into the #3 HDMI outlet, but the tv will not allow me to select HDMI3 on the inputs selection, only HDMI1 and video.

Technician's Assistant: How's your WiFi signal strength? Can you connect to the Internet using a computer or another device?

I think so, but I will check.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried restarting both your digital media player and your router?

No I haven't.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Video Expert to know before I connect you?

How much does this cost?

3/28/2018
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

On this set you need to "Label" the Input before you can use it- otherwise it's skipped in the setup. Please click the link below and scroll to page 41 then follow the instructions to label HDMI 3 and you should then be able to use it. Let me know what happens once you try those steps please:

ftp.panasonic.com/television/om/tc-p42s1_en_om.pdf

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

I clicked on the link, but it responded that this like is no longer available. Is the another source for the instructions?

Google the model number of your TV and "manual". That's how I found the manual.

I have poor cell service in my home, can you call me on my land line? (###) ###-####

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, read my reply on this page.

Aric, Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
I was able to resolve my problem with your suggestion. Go ahead and charge my credit card.Steven Crowe