TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a SA-HT740 Panasonic home DVD Home Theater, the only…

Customer Question
I have a SA-HT740 Panasonic...
I have a SA-HT740 Panasonic home DVD Home Theater, the only way to turn on is with the remote control. Wants is on its shown the INIT letters and is impossible to change from surround music. Manually do not response when I press the front panel bottoms, and the remote control only work for on/off function.
Submitted: 30 days ago.Category: TV
3/28/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 29 days ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).
This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2006 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising. This unit is at about 3 times its service life at this point.
There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet
2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)
3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.
If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.
This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs for these units just isn't feasible. There are no parts available for them any longer and labor alone would be 2-3 times the cost of a new system.
I can help you with finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options, if desired.
My apologies for the news.

TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 27 days ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

Nathan, Installer