TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Panasonic 55 inch Viera TV bough July 2016 it will…

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic 55 inch Viera TV bough July 2016 it will not turn on the red standby lights is not solid it flashes and the remote does not turm it the light to green. I have changed the remote batteries

Technician's Assistant: Is your Viera connected to a surge protector or power strip?

No just into the power plug

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried to power reset your TV (unplugging the power for 1-2 minutes, then plugging it back in)?

Yes I disconnected all devices from the plug and only had the TV connected it flashed green for about 15 seconds then reverted to the flashing red light

3/27/2018
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer, an independent, pay per question support website
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this and I'll do my best to help

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of the TV?

- I need to know how many times the red light blinks before pausing and starting over?

TH-55DX600U

Thanks for the info

It blinks about every 4 to 5 seconds

OK, how many times it blinks in a row then pauses for 3 seconds and again blinks the same number of times?

for example, power light blinks 7x, pauses, again blinks 7x, pauses, again 7x etc

Shahid
Shahid, Technician
stevenl1469
Phone call session started
1 blink then pause 1 blink then pause etc

It seems an expert accepted your phone call request and shortly be with you over the phone to assist you

Thanks

Are you ringing me ?

I requested the moderator to speed up the phone call tech to call you

I have been waiting over 1 hour & 15 minutes after being told I would receive a call within a few minutes

Sorry for the delay, lets troubleshoot the problem here in text chat, following troubleshooting step should be tried that might help

- Have you tried to disconnect TV power cord from the power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

Not for 10 minutes but I will do that now

Sure, please take your time

Re plugged after waiting 12 minutes did exactly as earlier advised came up green for about 5 or 6 seconds then reverted to the flashing red every 4 or 5 seconds

Sorry to hear that, making a phone call now

Thanks, ***** ***** a pleasure to talk you on the phone

Wish you the best~