TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Closed captioning used to work on my Sony smart tv. Even…

Customer Question
Closed captioning used to...

Closed captioning used to work on my Sony smart tv. Even though it says it is on, it isn't!! We utilize this benefit

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have? How old is it?

Bought it at Best Buy in the fall.of 17

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Seems to work

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Sony? What happened right before this?

About a month. There was a power outage while I was out of town. Other tv's had same experience but captioning not affected.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
3/27/2018
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 3 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

.

What is the model number of the sony?

How do you get your channels? Antenna, basic coax cable, or cable/satellite box?

Have my SONY booklet. Where is model #? I have Suddenlink cable.

It is on a sticker on the back of the tv, should start with kdl or xbr

Is there a suddenlink cable BOX?

I'm concerned about the request for more money as we continue! XBR-55X800E. I do have cable box but closed captioning working on other tv also with Suddenlink.

I am not asking for anything else.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

You have paid the full agreed upon fees (5 deposit + balance/total) noted on the payment page when posting your question.

This is not a sony issue, or anything that would be changed in the sony menu or with the sony remote.

Take the suddenlink cable remote, and look for a button on it that says CC, Caption, or Subtitle, and press that.

If there is no such button go into the suddenlink menu/settings and look there, usually under Options or Display or Accessibility, for the caption option, and set that to on.

Let me know if that works for you, please.

Doing that right now.

Thank you

That may be my issue! Can't get the Suddenlink remote to cooperate. I will call them!

You may need to unplug power to the box for 5 minutes or so to reboot and try again, if still no change then yes call them and they would need to replace the remote and/or box for you

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.