Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a blue screen with a grey box with the text "Please

Customer Question

I have a blue screen with a grey box with the text "Please run Channel Auto Scan"" I have run the auto scan with the RCA remote and it says I have no channels. It was fine yesterday. What can I do?
JA: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your RCA TV?
Customer: yes
JA: Was there a power outage recently?
Customer: just a blip but I have watched the tv since then
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Running a channel scan is not what you need to do. Please reply back with the following:

1) The model number off of the back of the RCA TV.

2) Look at the back of the TV and tell me what the jacks are labeled where the cable box connects.

3) Find the original RCA branded remote and let me know when you have it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
LED42C4SROO
WHITE IS AUDIO L
I have the remote
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

White audio L is not the connection the cable box connects to- at least not the only one. Carefully trace all wires from cable box to TV and let me know exactly what those cables look like.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

It appears your card is declining the charge. But also- I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Once more, White audio L is not the connection the cable box connects to- at least not the only one. Carefully trace all wires from cable box to TV and let me know exactly what those cables look like.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I dont know why my credit card was denied it is ok and i use it every day
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Are you able to see my replies above on this page please???

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there are 3 wires running into the tv. one is yellow, white and red
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Thank you, that's all I needed to know ;-) Please standby.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the white one was pulled out a bit thats why i sent that one. i have plugged it in and dont know where to go from here
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Locate the "INPUT" button on your RCA remote and use that to select "VIDEO" or "AV"- whichever one you see. Let me know what happens please.

Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Are you still with me here? Were you able to locate that button??

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i use HDMI1 with cable and it will bring in one channel but wont move to any other
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

You just said you used red, white and yellow cables- which are Video not HDMI. I'm relying on the info you're providing to help you. So what exactly is happening right now- what's on your TV screen?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
if i use any other selection like tv it goes back to the grey box
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Reply back to what I asked- what shows on the screen when you select HDMI?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it has one channel come up but I cant change it to any other. right now i have it on tv and the grey box is back saying to run channel auto scan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
which i have done several times and get no channels
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Don't put it on TV. Leave it on HDMI. Then use the CABLE REMOTE to change channels. You can't use the TV remote to change channels when you have a cable box!

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok give me a min
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Okay.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it doesnt change with the cable remote
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

Then this indicates a problem with your cable box or the cable remote- not your TV. Are the batteries good in the cable remote? Have you changed them?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
my cable remote is ok i called dish and they said it was my tv . everytime i try to change the channel with the dish remote it goes back to grey box and back to tv
Expert:  Aric replied 7 months ago.

What DISH said incorrect. I will opt out at this point.

Expert:  Harry replied 7 months ago.

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.