TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a blue screen with a grey box with the text "Please…

Customer Question
I have a blue...

I have a blue screen with a grey box with the text "Please run Channel Auto Scan"" I have run the auto scan with the RCA remote and it says I have no channels. It was fine yesterday. What can I do?

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your RCA TV?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

Just a blip but I have watched the tv since then

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Running a channel scan is not what you need to do. Please reply back with the following:

1) The model number off of the back of the RCA TV.

2) Look at the back of the TV and tell me what the jacks are labeled where the cable box connects.

3) Find the original RCA branded remote and let me know when you have it.

LED42C4SROO
WHITE IS AUDIO L
I have the remote

White audio L is not the connection the cable box connects to- at least not the only one. Carefully trace all wires from cable box to TV and let me know exactly what those cables look like.

I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

It appears your card is declining the charge. But also- I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Once more, White audio L is not the connection the cable box connects to- at least not the only one. Carefully trace all wires from cable box to TV and let me know exactly what those cables look like.

I dont know why my credit card was denied it is ok and i use it every day

Are you able to see my replies above on this page please???

there are 3 wires running into the tv. one is yellow, white and red

Thank you, that's all I needed to know ;-) Please standby.

the white one was pulled out a bit thats why i sent that one. i have plugged it in and dont know where to go from here

Locate the "INPUT" button on your RCA remote and use that to select "VIDEO" or "AV"- whichever one you see. Let me know what happens please.

Are you still with me here? Were you able to locate that button??

i use HDMI1 with cable and it will bring in one channel but wont move to any other

You just said you used red, white and yellow cables- which are Video not HDMI. I'm relying on the info you're providing to help you. So what exactly is happening right now- what's on your TV screen?

if i use any other selection like tv it goes back to the grey box

Reply back to what I asked- what shows on the screen when you select HDMI?

it has one channel come up but I cant change it to any other. right now i have it on tv and the grey box is back saying to run channel auto scan
which i have done several times and get no channels

Don't put it on TV. Leave it on HDMI. Then use the CABLE REMOTE to change channels. You can't use the TV remote to change channels when you have a cable box!

ok give me a min

Okay.

it doesnt change with the cable remote

Then this indicates a problem with your cable box or the cable remote- not your TV. Are the batteries good in the cable remote? Have you changed them?

my cable remote is ok i called dish and they said it was my tv . everytime i try to change the channel with the dish remote it goes back to grey box and back to tv

What DISH said incorrect. I will opt out at this point.

TV Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 3 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply. I've just logged in and saw your question waiting and I'm happy to assist you. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.