TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv does not lock on to the signals right away. Samsung…

Customer Question
My tv does not...

My tv does not lock on to the signals right away

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model number of your TV? How old is it?

Samsung series 5

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The tv menu works

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your Samsung? What happened right before this?

This just happened recently every time I turn it on. it turn off and turns maybe twice before the signal is corrected

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the Samsung and hold old is it roughly?

Also, you were starting to type "it turn off and turns maybe twice..." Are you saying the TV turns itself off and on without you prompting it?

Not sure what you're saying yes to, but I've asked several questions here. Again:

1) What's the full model number off of the back of the Samsung and how old is it roughly? 2) Also, you were starting to type "it turn off and turns maybe twice..." Are you saying the TV turns itself off and on without you prompting it?
Call me at(###) ###-####

No sir. I'm not available by phone. The website sends that offer automatically. Another expert may accept it but in the meantime, simply reply back to me on this page and we can continue.

Ok

1) What's the full model number off of the back of the Samsung and how old is it roughly?

2) Also, you were starting to type "it turn off and turns maybe twice..." Are you saying the TV turns itself off and on without you prompting it?

Mdl # LN52a550P3fx2a

Thanks. Awaiting the rest of the info requested....

What other info do you need?

The model number was one question. The age was another. #2 was asking for your confirmation. Are you able to see my replies on the page?

The age is 6 years.

Since I'm not there to see specifically what you're seeing, I was asking for clarity on whether or not the TV was actually shutting down, and then cycling back on without you touching any buttons.

As far as the TV turning off and on, or maybe the signals coming from the cable box, I did not have to do anything.

If you're saying yes to that, then this indicates a failure of the set's Mainboard is occurring, and generally this requires replacement of the Mainboard to permanently fix the issue. The cable box does not and cannot cause the set to physically shut off and turn back on- lose picture, yes- but not power cycling.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

I will do that but I have to disconnect this conversation right now since I have to leave right now. Thanks.

Okay, no problem.
You can reply back here at anytime by, Bookmarking the Page/Add to Favorites, logging onto www.justanswer.com, then clicking on "My Questions", or by clicking on any of the links in the Reply E-mails the site sends you.