TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just got a Vizio TV. Model D39f-E1 ser# LTTWVLKT4500656.

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a Vizio TV. Model D39f-E1 ser# ***** It does not want to recognize my wireless 5G network. It works fine on the 2.4G but 5G would be better. Please advise. George

Technician's Assistant: How old is your D39F-E1?

I got a Vizio TV model D39f-E1. Serial # LTTWVLKT4500656. It doesn’t want to recognize my 5G network. Got the 2.4 OK but 5G would be better. All my other devices recognize and work very well on the 5G network. Please advise. George

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Menu comes on fine. No other problems, only the 5G.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue with your D39F-E1? What happened right before this?

Been an issue for 23 minutes. Just got the TV. Before this I turned it on an set it up just fine. Just wont recognize the 5G network.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

The Vizio does not have a 5Ghz card in it but a 2.4, this is why it can only connect to the 2.4Ghz network and why it cannot see the 5Ghz one.

It is able to though stream any content on this band without any issues at all.

But you cannot change this as it is a hardware limitation on the TV.

Do you recall any additional information from me?

Please let me know

Got it, that is a bummer. I learned a lesson, always check to see if a TV works with 5G.

You are welcome and thank you for allowing me to help you today. My goal is to give you the best experience possible! I hope I have earned a 5 star rating! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen then submit before you leave today. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box and let me know.

I saw you did not rate my service, for answering your question, is there a reason for this? Was there still something needed?

Please let me know or perform the rating

Thank you