TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Screen went black still has power, cable works on other tv.

Screen went black still...

Screen went black still has power, cable works on other tv. 4 year old vizio e55

Technician's Assistant: Are there any HDMI cables or A/V jacks (red, yellow, and white cables) plugged into your E55?

Hdmi

Technician's Assistant: Was there a power outage recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

Is it something that can be re[aired inexpensively based on experience?

3/27/2018
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat online with me right now?

chat is fine for now

Please try this:

-disconnect ALL ant/cable/usb/hdmi/audio/video cables from the tv.
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and try to turn on. Use the button on the tv itself, not remotes.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

White light in left corner glow then goes out black screen

Can you tell me about your electronics experience? Because I'm very sorry to say, this is going to be an internal failure that requires diagnosis and parts inside the tv be replaced. If you want to DIY, let me know and I may be able to help you with that here (this depends mostly on your previous electronics experience). Otherwise you will need to use local repair shop. In home repairs start at $250 on this model and most shops charge just for diagnosis. Let me know if I can help you find a trusted repair shop near you.

I know this is bad news and very upsetting but please understand I am here to provide an honest answer. I hope you will submit a 5 star rating at the top of this page and not base the rating on the fact that your tv needs parts or services outside of our control. If for some reason you don't feel I should get 5 stars, please do not rate and just let me know and I will follow up with you here.

Did you get the message I just posted?

Do you need information on a local repair shop?

I do want you to be satisfied, so do you need something more?

as I figured, not to good for a four year old tv. $250 not good I can get an replacement with upgrade for not much more.

Ya, all true, things just don't last like they used to. Sorry to confirm the bad news. Hope you will appreciate my time and submit a top rating.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
The technician was fine and answered my question truthfully. The problem I have is I was charged $38 dollars. Probably won't use again.
finished with my question.