TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

New TV was doing ok now it won't connect to prime error try…

New TV was doing...

New TV was doing ok now it won't connect to prime error try rebooting router tried that does the same thing with Netflix does fine on my tablets

Technician's Assistant: Are you getting any error messages when you try to connect to Netflix?

Same message

Technician's Assistant: How is your internet connection? Have you tried unplugging your modem and router, then plugging them back in?

Done all that many times have had to do that many times before new tv do you think I need a new modem?

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/27/2018
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Edit mode now ask to select a page on bottom of screen tried that
Green page HH

If you press the menu button on the remote of the TV, does the menu show?

Doesn't show menu button just search and a connected icon

If you press the input / source button, does it switch between the inputs?

I would say the answer is no since I cannot go to live cable

Thanks

It is the mainboard that has faulted, this now confirms it

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the page, then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Richard, Technician
Thank you