TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have and HITACHI DF4000DV /40 FULL HD LEAD WITH

Customer Question
Good morning, I have...

Good morning, I have and HITACHI DF4000DV /40 FULL HD LEAD WITH DVD/(920X1080) FULL HD. TV & DVD ARE BOTH WORKING THE ONLY THING THAT IS NOT WORKING IS THE REMOTE CONTROL.. AM I ABLE TO GET NEW OR SECONDHAND REMOTE CONTROL.

Technician's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?

MIGHT BE A YEAR OR LESS

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

I JUST NEED A NEW REMOTE OR WORKING SECONDHAND REMOTE CONTROL. AS I SAID TV AND BUILT IN DVD WORKING FINE.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: TV
3/27/2018
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 4 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. I'm just going over the details of your question. Please let me know when you're in the chat.

This is ridiculous, have already asked what I wanted. I need to get a new remote control. Not go through a whole pile of questions, that has nothing to do with what I asked for.

OK, sure. I see the TV and DVD are working properly, and you just need a new remote. You basically have 2 options here.

First, you can replace your original Hitachi remote >>here<< for about $40, or on eBay for >>about the same price<<. Or if you want to shop around, the part number is *****

Second, you can purchase a suitable "universal" remote that you can program to control the TV and the DVD. This second option is usually easier and less expensive. A good example is the Logitech Harmony universal remote series. These are available at local electronics retailers. The Harmony series will cost about the same as the original Hitachi, but the functionality is a little nicer and it's expandable to control other devices in the future.

I really hope that answers your question! Let me know if you need anything else. Oh, and please take a second to rate the service I provided (there should be a 5-star scale on your page somewhere). Don't worry, that won't close your question and you can still respond back at any time.

Do you have any other questions for me?